Sunday, July 18, 2010

Never Know What You're Going to Uncover.

Recently we were out scouting for treasures for the shop when Pam found a wooden box covered in fabric. The fabric had seen better days, to say the least.  I passed it by several times and then gave her my "are you nuts!" look when she told me she wanted it.  I've learned not to argue that everyone has a different vision.  After we got this treasure home I asked Pam what she had planned for it.  She wanted to rip off the dirty fabric and see what we would find.  We found a beautifully well preserved handmade trunk with original sawdust "batting" that had been covered using a vintage Liberty flour sack as muslin.  It was very cool.  I guess it's true, you never know what you're going to find when you start peeling back the layers!

No comments:

Post a Comment