Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Creative Repurposing


I love the thrill of the hunt and finding unusual goodies.  But most of all I love to repurpose things and give them new life.  I've seen some wonderful ideas while checking out other's blogs.  My latest find are glass furniture casters.
Until a couple of days ago I never knew what these were.  Then when decided I had to have them I was given a eyebrow raised look from everyone around me.  I even heard the words "I just throw those away" come from someone in the group.  It's beautiful colored glass! There's got to be something you can use them for.  So I made them candleholders.  And I threw them in a basket and have had a blast watching others try to figure out what to do with them.


I just love them and it got me thinking, what other wonderful treasures must be out there that I can creatively repurpose.  If you have a great repurpose idea please share.  I'm new to junkin so I love to see other's creativity.  


4 comments:

  1. Well now that is so clever. I love them as candle holders. What a wonderful idea. I love your table and your vignette too. Very pretty and so creative. Love the tin pieces and of course the rooster. The yellow box is fabulous too, one of my favorite colors. Thanks so much for sharing and linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, it's great that you seen a use in them! The candles are a fantastic idea! What a lovely blog!
    Thanks for the visit to mine btw.....

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use different types of wheels but i think you provide great information about wheels.Thanks for sharing the information and this will help full to all.

    cart casters & shopping cart caster

    ReplyDelete