Sunday, August 15, 2010

Minnesota

During our drive to Minneapolis I became fascinated with the barns.  There is something so beautiful about the barns, such history in them.  I wish I could have pulled over and taken pictures at ever sighting but we never would've made it that way!  So, I only got to snap a few before we made it into Minneapolis.
The whole trip was wonderful.  I had never been to Minnesota so I drank in the scenery around every beautiful green curve in the road.  We took care of business at the Market and found wonderful new lines for Fall and Winter and then took a break and went exploring.
We lucked out and found a wonderful town, Anoka, to spend the day in.  We started with an antique flea  market outside the Artique.  The Artique is housed in a beautiful mansion and run by such wonderful women.  There were plenty of great deals in this two story historic building and I can't wait to come back and bring a truck with me!  Once we recharged at Serum's we headed out to stroll along the main street and check out the collection of occasional shops.  We couldn't have timed it better since they are only open one weekend a month.  My favorite by far was The French Flea.
The store was brimming with stunning white and black painted furniture and tons of french inspired goodies.  Definitely worth the trip.  I hope I get a chance to make it back for the next sale.

4 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to say HI and thank you for stopping by the Polished Pebble blog!

    My husband is from Minn. and spent every summer on his Grandparents farm. He always says it was such a great thing to have in his childhood. The barn pictures are so beautiful....xxoo kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was over at La Belle Vie and saw your blog on their sidebar with a post about Minnesota. Boy, was I surprised...a few years ago I owned a little shop in Anoka. It was fun to see your Minnesota photos. It sounds like you enjoyed your time here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! You make me want to head to Minnesota right now. Everything looks lovely. I'm sending a friend of mine who too has a thing for barns to your blog. She'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful trip! Everything looks so pretty, peaceful and interesting. Gorgeous barns!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete