Saturday, August 21, 2010

A New Perspective


When I first started this blog I wasn't sure how personal I'd get but as I get more involved in the blogging world I have been so inspired by the courage of other's who share their lives with us.  The last couple years of my life have been full of bumps, sharp turns, and a screeching halt as I shifted from married life to single motherhood while rasing two beautiful blessings under the age of 3.  It was that journey that lead me to where I am today and for that I am truly thankful.  When I felt at my most vulnerable and uncertain I took my biggest risk and chased a dream.  I am still not sure where this journey will lead but I am so happy I am taking the ride.  I go to work everyday with two people I love...three generations working together...my mother, me and my daughter aka the tiny shopkeeper.
I'm training her young to love the thrill of the "treasure hunt", what the rest of us call a garage sale.  She's meeting and greeting new people.  She helping keep the shop clean.
And when she manages to get a hold of my camera she shows me the shop from a whole new angle...
My life would be so dull without her!




2 comments:

  1. How sweet that you have such a wonderful helper! Best wishes to you as you move forward in this new phase of your life. I've enjoyed being a new reader to your blog (and I realize you are a new blogger). I look forward to reading your future adventures as you take these bold new steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel we have alot in common...I've had several bumps in the last year as well...not sure where I'm headed, I'm taking it day by day...Your sweetie is a beauty! I've been spending alot of time with my granddaughter
    ( age 2 ) Hannah, she gives me alot of joy and is constantly making me stop in my tracks. The other day I was driving , stressing about something I don't remember now...I looked up at the rearview mirror at her in the backseat singing " Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"...then she stopped and pointed out the window and said " Tree...MiMi...Tree". I sang with her the rest of the way.
    I'm enjoying your blog! Keep it up!
    Tammy :-)

    ReplyDelete