Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Remember When...

One of my favorite parts of having the shop is the stories we get to hear.  So often we hear "I remember my grandmother or mother had that."  Or this reminds me of...
I love hearing the stories and learning about the items in our shop.  And the look on people's faces as they recognize something that brings back a memory is priceless.  These moments are what keep me going to work.
Do you have something that reminds you of a grandparent, parent, or childhood?  What special thing brings back those happy memories?  Share your story...I love to hear them.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment!! Your blog is beautiful and I'm excited to be a new follower!

    Something that always makes me think of my Oma is bells. She had a row of bells hanging from her ceiling and my Opa would pick me up and I'd ring them all. It still gets me a bit misty eyed when I think about it. Thank you for reminding me of that. ♥

    Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have things all over the house that remind me of family. I think that is one of the reasons I love vintage pieces so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have hit the nail on the head! I treasure so many of the items I have in my house from my parents, a special aunt and my grandparents. So often I go into shops and see things from my childhood. What a warm feeling they bring to me. And sometimes regret, why didn't I keep these taken-for-granted items? It's often the everyday small items that mean the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love treasure hunting and I always get inspired by fellow bloggers just like you. hope you are hav ing a great weekend! verbena cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right. When I had my shop that was what we would hear the most during the flea market, especially the older ladies remembering grandma's treasures.

    ReplyDelete