Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bittersweet...


Bittersweet, Bittersweet, Bittersweet...it's the word I've heard constantly as the Autumn months approached.  And I have to be honest, I had no idea what it was.  I'm newly replanted here in the Midwest and sometimes I feel like I'm a tourist in a new land.  I've lived all over the country and in several other countries, growing up as an Army Brat, and during all those moves I've never been in an area where Bittersweet is so talked about.  So, of course, I had to see this amazing decor for myself.  And I have to say it's as beautiful as everyone has talked about.
I'm a lover of the color orange and adore decorating with anything natural, so this is right up my alley.  I put it all over the store and it just makes the whole place look like it's dressed up for Autumn.
Now I just have an itch to go out and scout some for myself.  But of course I have no idea where these coveted vines grow.  I'm determined so I'm heading out to the "country" and hopefully one of my future posts will be full of my adventures.  If you have any hints on Bittersweet hunting send them my way, I can use all the help I can get.

5 comments:

  1. I love bittersweet too, I always get mine at the local antiques market, there's always several vendors that have it. I've never looked for it in the wild! Have fun!
    Tammy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bittersweet too and I always wonder where I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say that I've every seen bittersweet in the wild...but I sure like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the wreath. Simple and stunning.

    ReplyDelete