Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lovely Vintage Linen Lavender Pillows

I am so drawn to vintage linen.  I love the details.  The simple loveliness of the needle work is just so beautiful.  But so often the truly loved linens have stains and holes from past lives and are overlooked.  Since I can't stand to see such beauty go to waste I decided to salvage as much of these linens as possible and since I don't sew well I had to enlist a friend to help me.  And this is what she came up with...

Lovely Lavender Sachets and Pillows.  They are so yummy smelling....
I so love the way they turned out...each one unique...
And the idea that what might have been tossed out due to damage has now found a life again is even better!

I'm new to link parties but hoping to link this to I Love Pretty Little ThingsFunky Junk Interiors and The Answer is Chocolate. Just discovered these lovely blogs!

9 comments:

  1. Happy friday pretties...lovely Lavender Sachets and Pillows.........!! love Ria....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet these sachets, hmmmm, can smell them! Have a grat weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, for stopping by my blog, I love having my own shoppe, isnt it so amzing to make some one happy by your pieces you carry..
    P.s. So love all of those cabinets all of them i could take.
    Karryann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love vintage linens as well. This is a great idea.
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...such a great idea...nothing beats antique linens for any project...texture & tone and of course the thought of those ladies (pretty sure no guys did it in the day) who put all that time into making them,,,,to be preserved even longer now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love lavendar sachets!! Great save on that fabric:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely selection of "Pretties"!
    Have a happy Monday!
    @}~`}~~~ Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea! I hate throwing out beautiful things too. It is so fun to find a new use for them. I am going to have to copy this. :)
    Thanks for linking up to my Friday pretties. It is wonderful to have you join along.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Joyce
    P.S. I love the quote that you have on our sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore vintage linens and I love that you appreciate them enough to salvage what you can. These sachets are lovely. Thank you so much for linking to my first air your laundry friday party!

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete