Monday, October 18, 2010

Windows of Creativity





I have a love of old windows.  And I often find myself "rescuing" these lovelies from curb side garbage piles.  Recently I was offered a pile of windows and just couldn't resist.  So this weekend I spent my time cleaning up this beauties.  While admiring the vast variety of multi-pane and single paned styles my mind began to reel with ideas of how to display each of them or repurpose them.  And since I'm only limited to my own creativity and imagination I thought I'd ask you...


What is your favorite way to use old windows?  Where do you display them?  What projects do you use them for?


"Our senses are indeed our doors and windows on this world, in a very real sense the key to unlocking of meaning and the wellspring of creativity" ~Jean Houston




"People are like stained - glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." ~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross 


I am attempting my first link up post so bear with me.  My computer skills are not one to admire!  Here goes....




2 comments:

  1. Hi! :) Thank you for the comment on my bowl! Oh do I love old windows, too!! Looks like you've done very well! Best luck with your new venture - it sounds like so much fun!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love old windows too. I have one in my basement that I kept after my Mom and Dad had new windows put in their home (it's the house I grew up so there was some sentimental value). I haven't done anything with it yet...wish I had so I could link to your post.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete