Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Looking for Inspiration

This being the first Christmas as a shopkeeper I am having a hard time getting into the groove.  I love decorating for Christmas but I feel like we are skipping over Thanksgiving.  And since that's my favorite holiday I'm having a hard time putting away the pumpkins and leaves and pulling out the trees and santas.  So, today I went strolling the aisles of the local fabric store for inspiration and here's what I came up with...
Fringe...beautiful silky fringe.  And my first thought was...Garland!  That's right I decided to use it as garland on one of the trees that is going to be in the shop.  I wasn't sure how it was going to work but it was on Sale so I thought I'd give it a try.
So up went the tree and on went the garland and...
Although the ornaments aren't on yet I think I like it!

I'm linking up with The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday and Tinsel & Company for Deck the Halls Friday. So many fun things to see go check it out!

8 comments:

  1. I love it!
    So much so that I'm stealing it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow cute idea thanksgiving is my fav holiday too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since we don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here in Australia I am happy to see your Christmas ideas!

    Happy decorating!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, I can't wait to see the tree with ornaments too! Thanks for the inspiration and joining Deck the Halls Friday.

    Best wishes,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    What a great idea to use fringe trim as garland for a tree!! Love it.

    If you would like some inspiration, please stop by and see a fantastic Home Decor place decorated for Christmas. I took so many photos , I have to show it in several posts!!

    Warmly,
    Debbie @ A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this idea...yahoo for having your tree up...It will look stunning.

    I love your blog! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like Thanksgiving gets skipped over too! Halloween is done up big and so is Christmas. I like to decorate for Thanksgiving as well.

    ReplyDelete