Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ruffle Garland

I've talked in previous posts about not being ready for Christmas decorating and in desperate need of some inspiration.  So I poured over magazines and blogs.  And I strolled through shops and what I found was that, I'm still not READY for Christmas but nonetheless the shop has got to be decorated.  

So I pulled out the trees and decided to do something other than ribbon or typical garland.  For one of the trees I used fringe and going with that idea I then decided to give the other tree a "Ruffle".

Yes, that is pleating material for curtain making.  And I LOVE it.  When pulled tight it looks like ribbon candy.  It's reasonable and totally unexpected.  Two of my favorite things!
The tree isn't completely decorated yet but here's a sneak peek because I just had to share.  Ruffles just make me Happy!

For more Holiday Inspiration check out these wonderful blogs, Tinsel & Company and My Romantic Home.  So fun to see what everyone else is up to!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my.Every time I think every ruffle option has to have been explored someone comes up with yet another version.Great idea!!!!!Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are so tickled about your ruffle! of course, I like the ruffle too! But I LOVE the delight that we can create for ourselves when we think outside the box, so to say, and find something that makes us giggle. Fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so inspired me. Usually I have already started my Christmas decorating but we have been traveling and I am having Thanksgiving at my house so I haven't got going yet. Thanks for your cute ruffle inspiration to get me motivated. If we get to Nebraska, I would love to visit your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is a cute idea, thanks for sharing the creative inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!! Very cute!!

    Warmly,
    Debbie @ A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the ruffles!!! What a great idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete