Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Card Window

To say it's been a challenge learning to juggle family, shop ownership, mom duties and all the other hats I've been wearing lately is to put it lightly.  So, as Christmas sneaks up on us I am feeling overwhelmed.  

The last couple of weeks have been all about getting the shop decorated for the holidays and as my sweet son so tactfully reminded me..."it is December, Mom and it would be nice to see a tree in the house soon".  

So my goals for this weekend included...shopping for a tree,  decorating the tree,  and trying to cozy up the place by throwing some holiday decor at it!

This is the first Christmas in this house so I found myself stumped a few time while trying to get things decorated.  I love to display Christmas cards so I came up with the perfect display piece.


I love this large window.  It's chippy, white and perfect!


Added some Snowflakes...


Added a little Merry...


Christmas!


And ta-da!  A perfect place to display some Christmas Cheer.  

Oh and I also managed to get the tree up and decorated!

I'm linking up with CraftOManiacI Heart NaptimeCoastal CharmSugar Bee and A Vision to Remember for some fun ideas go check them out!


5 comments:

  1. Love the idea! I love old windows and their versatility. If you are interested, you can check out a blog post a few weeks back and see what I did with my old window to display an awesome message.

    Just signed up as a new follower. Looking forward to seeing what else you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, I've always wanted to use a beautiful old window for something....this is a great idea!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable! i am obsessed with old windows...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for linking up to my Holiday link-up and also to ask you to please forgive me for taking so long to respond to your project. Working full time, blogging, and the holidays I never seemed to be able to get everything I wanted accomplished. I think you can understand since you are trying to juggle ALOT too.
    I love windows with the mullions like yours, especially the size of yours. I once had to pass up one that I saw on the side of the road because it would not fit into my car :(
    The way you simply adorned it with the stars and greeting looks perfect for the windows chippy finish.
    I hope you have a simply perfect 2011.
    My best- Diane

    ReplyDelete