Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Love Snow Days!



When the temperatures start dropping I get as excited as a school girl.  If I wasn't afraid I'd scar my kids for life I'd jump on the elementary school bandwagon and sport my jammies inside out and sleep with a spoon under my pillow (not sure what that has to do with bringing on snow but the word is out on the playground.)  

Instead I just hold my breath as the school closures scroll across the bottom of the television and when the name of my son's school travels before my eyes my heart jumps a little in pure anticipation.  And why am I such a lover of snow days you may ask...

Sledding!


There is just something about the pure joy that sledding brings.  I love watching my kids play in the snow.


The bravery of a tiny one taking on a big hill...


The giggling even though you can't feel your cheeks...


The little things like watching my son drag his sled up the hill with the rope around his waist (just like I used too).  These are why I love a good snow day.  

I'm sure you wondering how this fits into my blog about a girl who opened a vintage shop.  It's one of the reasons I took the leap of faith to be my own boss.  The freedom to take a Snow Day with my kids.  Being a business owner is a lot of hard work but the perks are amazing.


6 comments:

  1. Wonderful memory pictures! My kids playing out in the snow are some of the best pictures I have of them. It is all about having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As they say.....all work and no play!!! Looks like fun!
    Sherry@Back2Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snow days too!!!! I work for the school system so I get to have a day off. I spent the day yesterday sledding with my daughter who is 25. We had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your snow day looks so fun!

    as an adult i'm not a fan of snow days anymore. it only involves extra work... blah.

    i think i should take one of these snow days and ENJOY it! thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, I love snow days,something about the magic of a snow fall, sledding, hot chocolate & lots of fun!!!
    Rosemary...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great snow day shots!! :)

    ReplyDelete