Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bobbins and Buttons

While lingering over some of my favorite blogs I came across a post by Martha at Authentica Classics.

If you haven't seen her grainsack pillows you should check them out they are AMAZING! 

But that's not what the post was about (sorry I get side tracked sometimes!).  This post was about bobbins and the industrial looms.


These types of machines just amaze me.  And as luck would have it just the other day I came across a piece that I just had to have.


This was found on a recent barn picking and I can't take credit it was my mom, Pam who found this.

But when she brought it back to the shop I claimed it for myself!


I just LOVE it!

But then I have a love of vintage sewing notions...


Which is funny for a girl who can't sew a stitch!


And yet I am forever filling up old Mason jars with buttons...


There is just something so simple and so beautiful that I have to take them home with me!

8 comments:

  1. OH these are wonderful finds...I just love vintage sewing and weaving items! Thanks for your nice comment about my sporting collectibles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mason jar with buttons. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an interesting old piece, no wonder you grabbed it! and no one can have too many white buttons. Your photos are wonderful, thanks so much for linking up to VIF! xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some neat photos here of some neat pieces. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful photos and make me want to do something for decorative with my buttons I have collected over the year. I would love for you to share this post at my Savvy HomeMade Monday blog party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful vintage piece and I love the jar filled with buttons! Thanks for joining the Open House party.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your finds! Can't wait for more posts!

    ReplyDelete