Monday, July 4, 2011

Land of the Free ~ Home of the Brave...

Road- Tripping has always been one of my favorite things to do.  So yesterday we loaded up the kiddos and off we went.  Like all 3 and 6 year olds they enjoyed it for all of 20 minutes before they wanted to know where we were headed.  Since I had no specific destination in mind it was time to get creative.  I always have my trusty camera with me so we decided to see how many American Flags we could find along the way.  
An Independence Day Scavenger Hunt!

The kids had a blast taking the pictures and scanning the countryside for sightings of the gold old "red, white and blue"...


" Your a Grand Ole Flag..."


"A High Flying Flag..."


"And forever in Peace may she wave..."


"The emblem of, the land I love..."


"The home of the Free and the Brave..."


Hope you all have a Happy Independence Day!  
And may the day be filled with family and friends!


7 comments:

  1. I love it that you took your children on a flag hunt! You pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for the Red, White and Blue! Great post!!! Happy 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Thank you so much for stopping by our blog today! I'm so enjoying yours and just got caught up in all of your fabulous ideas and creations, including this darling flag hunt with your kids. I can't wait to come back and visit often! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing all the red, white, and blue. Love to see our flag flying high! Hope you and your family had a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea! It doesn't take video games to keep them intertained, just a little imagination! Thanks for the road trip... haven't had the time myself so it's nice to go along with the pictures!
    Laurie :)
    www.thewhistlestopcountrystore.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this was a great idea too! What a fun way to get out and discover what's around you. You all saw a lot of flags!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for linking up to my Red, White and Blue Linky Party!

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete